A few days ago me and my dad made a potato cannon using PVC pipe. I got a book from Christmas that shows how to make all kinds of cool things including the potato cannon. It is mounted to a ladder because it has a little bit of a recoil. how it works is you ram a potato down the barrel of the gun and it cuts a big potato plug out of the middle of the potato, then you open up the back of the gun and spray some hair spray in the back end then hurry and screw the lid on. Then you just twist the lantern lighter on the back of the cannon and it fires potatoes up to 200 yards!
Thursday, January 24, 2008
Posted by Cody Preston at 7:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Cody, It is a very cool and tough potato canon. I like to hear the boom that it makes.
I'd love to see that. Will I be able to see it this summer when we come and visit? That book you have sounds like a good one.
Ya and ny the time you get here I will probably have my tennis ball morter finished. :-)
Thats way cool Cody! i wana see it work!
If you come down this summer we can shoot it.
looks dangerous. Is your dad teaching you how to be a trouble maker? :)
Don't shoot your eye out, or your head off, for that matter.
It's not all that dangerous, it would hurt a lot if you got shot by it, but i don't think it would do any serious damage.
We have one! We made ours several years ago. Do tell what the name of the book is though. We'd like to get it for our friends.
The book is called backyard ballistics.
Post a Comment