A few weeks ago I went camping with some of the other home school boys. It was just us with no adults for three days! We went up Huntington canyon and set up our camp near the river. The boys who went were, Nathan and Aaron B, Josh and Aaron B, Ben J, and me. This tent belongs to Ben and it was huge! But surprisingly it wasn't that hard to set up.

It was so big that Aaron B had to stand on Nate's back to put it up, and Nate is tall! But apparently having Aaron stand on your back in hiking boots can be pretty painful.

So as soon as Aaron finished strapping it Nate ran towards the river (jokingly) threatening to throw Aaron in the river.

And so Aaron and Nate started wrestling and Aaron almost fell off Nate's and then Nate almost tripped, but neither of them got hurt.

Sorry I didn't get many pictures of people. But any way it was a fun trip. Evan though NATE forgot the ketchup, butter, mustard, and so many other things that I can't even remember them all. So the next day we had to go back and pick up all the things that NATE forgot.

Here is a picture of the river. Camping by the river turned out to be a good thing and a bad thing. The good thing was we all went wading in the river, Oh and I swear the water in that river was below freezing! When you first got in it was so cold that you couldn't stand it so you had to jump in and out of it for a while until it wasn't so cold, then you got in and it was so cold it hurt, but then after a while it didn't hurt anymore because your legs got so numb that if you slapped your leg you could barely feel it! But the bad part was that because they wanted to keep the water clean so you had to walk
300 to 500 feet away from the river just to go to the bath room!
Oh, and sorry Nate that I didn't post about this sooner I just never got around to it.
7 comments:
Cody that is SO funny! i never saw these pictures. Josh looks very amused in the pic of Nate with Aaron on his shoulders.
Why did you guys put a sign that says "boys" on the tent?
We girls were totally making fun of you guys (mostly Nate and Ben, but especially Nate) for forgetting so many things. Would it have been hard to make a list? That's what happens when you let boys do things on their own.
What would men do without women? ;)
Looks like tons of fun.
Oh, and just to clarify to everyone. Aaron B and Aaron B are two different people. They just have the same last initial.
That sounds like it was fun. i like to go on campouts.
Those are pretty funny pictures. What a bunch of crazy boys. I'm glad that you went and had so much for with the crazy boyz. I think they are wonderful. I love you.
Cody, So glad you could join the boys. The older boys were not good examples about being prepared were they? Nate was so excited to go. He had great plans, but his Mom kept him busy and he had little time at the end to get ready. It would have helped to have a list in hand. Anyway I am glad you had such a good time. Nate and Aaron are goof balls. They are looking forward to the next one. Hope you are enjoying your summer. You are a great kid.
Well it sounds like you guys had fun. Which is awesome. Nice pictures they are so cool. Well see ya next time we all get together. :)
Cody The camp out looks really fun. I can see you smart guys can make do without a ladder. I hope the guy who acted as the ladder is alright and his back is feeling better.
I love to sit on logs by lakes and rivers. It's one of my favorite things to do.
Post a Comment